LNER, D16/3 Class, 4-4-0, 8802 - Era 3 - R3521- Hornby
A popular and successful design of 4-4-0 tender engine, the first of the Great Eastern Railway class 546 locomotives. Very quickly this class became known as 'Clauds' with various batches being produced, this model represents the final batch fitted with 5' 1" diameter superheated Belpaire boilers, leading them to be named 'Super Clauds' classified D16 by the LNER. 117 'Clauds' made it to nationalisation in 1948 out of the 121 built and by 1949 104 had been converted to D16/3. No.62613 was the last to be withdrawn in October 1960 and sadly none were preserved.
This represents No. 8802 rebuilt by Sir Nigel Gresley as a D16/3 in April 1933, originally built at Stratford Works in 1910 entering traffic as GER No. 1802 in September 1910. It was renumbered as 8802 in August 1924, allocated to Stratford in 1926 and moved to Norwich in 1928, working the rest of its life between Norwich, Yarmouth, Yarmouth Beach and Lowestoft Sheds. Being renumbered as 2593 in the late LNER process and then taking 62593 under British Railways.
Minimum radius 438mm
1:76 / OO Gauge model railway
DCC ready, 8 pin socket
Find more Hornby products HERE
Find more railway products HERE