Mighty Lancer Games
Escape the Dark Castle
Escape the Dark Castle is a simple, fantasy adventure game for 1-4 players, with a focus on atmosphere, storytelling and player cooperation– perfect for newcomers to tabletop gaming. It takes 2 minutes to set up, lasts around 30 minutes, and no two games are ever the same.
Players take the roles of prisoners on a quest to Escape the Dark Castle, and must work together to overcome its many horrors, traps, and challenges - each of which is represented by a large, beautifully illustrated chapter card.
As these immersive chapter cards are revealed one by one, the game takes on the form of a shared storybook experience, with the players making decisions about what to do each chapter before using dice and item cards to try and keep everyone in the group alive!
Can YOU escape the dark?What makes this game special?
• It’s approachable - The game is designed with non-gamers in mind, but is no less rich and rewarding for it. Now anyone can enjoy the atmosphere of a classic fantasy quest.
• It’s quick - It takes 2 mins to set up and around 30 mins to play. No downtime, no elimination, and full player engagement throughout. No-one will be bored.
• It’s social - Many chapters offer a compelling choice for the group, stimulating regular player interaction and discussion. It's perfect for the pub or a games cafe, but can even be played solo!
• It's different every time - You never know what the next chapter will be, so there is plenty of tension and suspense as your unique adventure unfolds each game.
• It has a unique look - So many games look alike these days. Here is something truly distinct for your collection. We've worked hard to create a stylish look evocative of retro classics.
• There are no heroes - The playable characters are refreshingly ordinary. No musclebound heroes or buxom heroines here, and there is an equal mix of male and female characters.
• You choose your path - The decisions you make will change how each chapter turns out, and play a significant part in determining success or failure.
Time 30 minutes