Vanguard Rulebook - Kings of War
Vanguard is fantasy skirmish game set in the world of Mantica. It is a magical place, full of wonder, but also one of conflict and war, as almighty armies clash and empires crumble. Gods and demons roam the world and the skies light up with the crackle of magic. The mortal races strive for dominance across the vastness of the world; from the depths of the oceans, across to the deserts and plains, to the soaring mountain ranges and ice-covered peaks – there is adventure, glory and peril to be had in equal measure.
Vanguard gives you the chance to explore the world through the eyes of an elite Warband. As neighbours and kingdoms wage war, it’s often the deeds of a hand-picked few - specialists in their trade - that ultimately win wars for their masters. Whether they are tasked with plundering an enemy camp, burning their stores, stealing information or assassination of an enemy commander, the scouting parties of the vanguard are always in the thick of the action, operating alone and in the greatest of danger.
This book includes all of the core rules for playing Vanguard, including unit entries, scenarios,campaign system, advanced spells and abilities, and rules for tying your games into Kings of War!
This book contains:
- Full rules for playing Kings of War Vanguard, covering combat, power dice, terrain, and more!
- 12 challenging scenarios
- Background for the world of Mantica and the factions who fight there
- Starter Warband lists and faction specific spells for the Basileans, Dwarfs, Elves, Northern Alliance, Forces of Nature, Forces of the Abyss, Ogres, Trident Realm, Abyssal Dwarfs, Empire of Dust, Goblins, Nightstalkers, Orcs, and Undead
- Equipment lists for arming your troops
- Advanced spell book with alignment-specific spells
- Rules for Campaigns, from building your Company, advancing through experience, to tying your games into Kings of War!